3.1K views

I just found out that my $2400.00 jenn air dual fuel stove cannot be repaired because the electronic control board is no longer being made.Of course my stove is out of warranty and I am pissed off.

I bought the jenn air because I thought they would stand behind their product. Their customer service didnt even offer me a penny in trade in for a new Jenn air. They had no response to my question of what can I do now.

They just lost me as a customer and I found out that maytag owns Jenn air.So I guess no maytags for me either.

Had an Experience with Jennair?

Comments

unlike most people on this blog, i have happily owned a jenn aire downdraft dual fuel range for the past 14 years.Model JDS9860AAP.

It has worked fabulously and flawlessly for me for years.

it is time to update my appliances as 14 years is quite old by today's standards. I will be shopping over the next few weeks so if anyone needs something off of this model, please let me know.

My email is unekeone65@gmail.com.

i know its an old thread but i hate to trash something that someone else can use.

Middletown, Rhode Island, United States #1247164

Roy is full of beans.The part control board is not available.

I also have to go buy a new downdraft range for $$3500.

Because Jenn air will not support their products with parts.

IT WONT BE JENNAIR OR MAYTAG !!

electronic control board for svd48600p stove is available at easy appliance parts part number ps10064575

Roy

Have a 9 year old Jenn Air range and they no longer have the required part.

I wrote to them about my displeasure and they politely told me to pound sand.

Crappy product. Terrible company.

$$$$$$$

Please sell me part #74006130 if your duel fuel is useless.I can't find one anywhere.

I'll pay whatever you want for it!!!!! Mine's useless without it.

The part is a supply tube, (for gas) and mine leaks.:o

to Jessica Phoenix, Arizona, United States #996268

I have this model of Jenn Air Range that was used for two years and has been in storage for the last 6 years.Pulled it out to install in an outdoor ramada kitchen and didn't realize that it was dual fuel.

I would sell the entire stove for $650 or trade for a stainless gas only range. Very nice condition.

Located in AZ.azflyingdoc AT gmail DOT com

to Anonymous #1116130

how much for the control board?

mbryan@vetsusallc.com

Jonesboro, Georgia, United States #825565

A little update on our dual fuel Jenn Air.I took the cartridges apart to attempt a repair, since I couldn't take them to a service facility, but would have to pay a trip charge.

Grrrrrr.... The carts are held together with 1/4 inch sheet metal screws, and of course the carts are corroding. Junk construction. I bought a replacement burner "head" from a local appliance parts dealer, Fox.

Good folks. The thing is mainly sheet metal.

The convection oven had been perhaps the pile of s**t's only saving grace, but now the convection fan refuses to run.

We plan to redo the kitchen, and you can bet that Jenn-Air will NOT be considered.

And, to add insult to injury, there is a spider web inside the door, between the curved front glass and the inner glass.No way will I try to fix that!

to Anonymous #825577

Lol about the spider.

I need part #74006130, which is a metal tube carrying the gas to the burner.

The 2 burners on the right are useless without a new one because the tube has a leak. My stove is model number JDS9860AAP.

If you get rid of yours, can I buy the part from you?????I'll easily pay in the 3 digits for one.

to Jessica #988667

Why bother? If you fix one thing you still have a pile of junk any way you look at it. Cut your losses and run.