Style and Design

We bought this Jenn-Air microwave/stove hood combo in May 2008 for $625 plus $150 for extended warranty coverage.In May 2015 (well after the expiration of the extended warranty), it stopped working.

It cost us $200 for a service visit to discover that the circuit panel had failed. We also discovered that Jenn-Air stopped producing replacement circuit panels for this model several years ago. Needless to say, we're pretty disgusted with both the poor reliability of this product and Jenn-Air's failure to support its products when they fail. To add insult to injury, while this was going on, we received a further extended warranty offer from Jenn-Air (one year for $200, three years for $420, or five years for $600) in which they offer to reimburse 45% of the value of the product if it needs to be replaced, but which doesn't cover presently-defective devices.

So, it appears to us that Jenn-Air treats the sale of its products as more of an opportunity to sell extended warranties than to sell quality products. I recently wrote Jenn-Air a message at its customer support website. If I have a positive customer service experience out of this (however unlikely that seems), I will update my comment.

In the meantime, we're now avoiding products from Jenn-Air and its sister brands.Hate.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Jennair. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1000 and wants Jennair to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Jennair jennair jmv8208bas microwave hood combination for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Jennair?

Comments