We bought new Jenn Air electric smooth cooktop, double wall oven, cabinet depth refrigerator and were "given" a dishwasher as part of the promotion. We wanted all the same manufacturer as they match better than buying different brands and the price was reasonable. I wanted to do all Bosch appliances, but they were much more expensive.

Well, I wish we'd gone with Bosch. I've hated the cooktop from day one, as the numbers for the heat setting are nearly unreadable due to the gray font chosen (I have perfect vision). It doesn't do good temperature control and I've cooked with electric for years.

The dishwasher is terrible. It's fairly quiet, but our old Bosch was quieter and did a better job. The run cycle is nearly 4 hours and there is no "rinse and hold" option that nearly every other dishwasher I've owned has had. The amount of times I've pulled dirty dishes or silverware out of this machine is absurd for it's $1,000 MSRP. I'm glad it was "free".

The fridge has had the control board and the door seal replaced once. It will freeze anything put near the back, especially if it happens to touch the wall. This is a cabinet depth refrigerator, so it's not a deep as a standard one. For those rare times we need all the space, it's awful.

The double ovens are OK, but their recovery time when opening a door or preheating are forever. And the plug for the cooking probe has stopped working.

JennAir must have been good at one point, but since it became part of Whirlpool/Maytag, it's not true. If you really like the product, buy the Whirlpool or Maytag version and save some money. You'll need it. If I could rid myself of all their appliances tomorrow, I'd do it. I find myself wishing for the dishwasher to die so a Bosch can take its place. I shouldn't be doing that with a two year old appliance.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of dishwasher from Jennair. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Jennair to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Jennair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Jennair?

Comments